UN Women is ready to receive written statements for CSW 56. Please share message below:
A very important way to carry your message to the UN Commission on the Status of Women is through written statements. Written statements to the UN CSW can now be submitted by NGOs in consultative status with the Economic and Social Council on the thematic issues of rural women or financing for gender equality. The deadlines for individual organizations is 14 November, 2011. The deadline for joint written statements is 21 November. Please note that:
- Statements must address the themes of “rural women” or “financing”.
- Only NGOs in consultative status with the Council (ECOSOC) may submit written statements.
- If statements are joint, ALL signatories must have ECOSOC status. Your statement can be rejected if this rule is not followed.
- The type style should be 12-point Times New Roman;
- Texts should be double-spaced.
- Written statements should be submitted in one of the official languages of the United Nations (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian, and Spanish).
- The word limit for those with ECOSOC status is 2000 words; for those in special consultative status with the Council it is 1500 words;